Biography of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar | Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Biography in English
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar ji is known for his works all over the world. The goal of Ravi Shankar ji is to create peace in the world and to provide stress free life to the people. To achieve these goals, the foundation of ‘Art of Living Foundation’ was laid by him and today this foundation is famous all over the world. There are also millions of followers of Ravi Shankar around the world.
Biography of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
|real name||Ravi Shankar|
|birth place||pappanasam, Tamil Nadu|
|date of birth||May 13,1956|
|Mother’s name||Visalakshi Ratnam (Visalakshi Ratnam)|
|father’s name||R,S Venkata Ratnam|
|total siblings||A sister|
|profession||spiritual master, peace ambassador|
|Total assets||close to 1000 crores|
Birth and Education of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar (Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Birth and Education)-
Ravi Shankar was born in the year 1956 and his parents were residents of Tamil Nadu. He did his schooling from MSE Bangalore School. Whereas Bangalore’s St. He has a Bachelor of Science from Joseph College. Along with obtaining a degree in science, he has also obtained a bachelor’s degree in Vedic literature. He had achieved both these titles at the age of just 17 years.
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Family
Apart from his parents, he has a younger sister in Ravi Shankar’s family. His father’s name is R. Venkata Ratnam and his mother’s name is Visalakshi Ratnam. Her sister’s name is Bhanumati Narasimhan and she works as the director of Art of Living Women and Child Welfare Program.
Journey of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar to Be a Spiritual Guru
- After getting his higher education, Ravi Shankar ji did the work of preaching on Vedic science and he did this work in collaboration with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.
- In the 1980s, he traveled to many places around the world and propagated spirituality. The Art of Living Foundation was established by Ravi Shankar in the year 1981. Through this foundation, people are taught to do yoga and knowledge of fighting stress and social problems.
- In 1983, he organized the first Art of Living course in Switzerland. In the year 1986, Ravi Shankar traveled to California for an Art of Living workshop and soon he became very popular among the people here.
Expansion of Art of Living Foundation
At present, Art of Living has been established in almost every country of the world and millions of people are part of Art of Living. The Art of Living, established in a total of 152 countries, is said to have more than one million followers. Apart from this, the ‘Art of Living’ course is also taught to NASA astronauts.
Awards and Achievements received by Ravi Shankar (Sri Sri Ravi Awards & Achievements)
Ravi Shankar ji is famous for his works not only in India but all over the world and he has been given many honors by the Government of India and other countries of the world and below we have given information about some of the awards and achievements he got.
- In the year 2016, the Government of India honored Ravi Shankar.Padma Vibhushan, Award was given. In the same year, he has also been given the Dr. Nagendra Singh International Peace Prize.
- In 1986, Ravi Shankar was given the title of ‘Yoga Shiromani’ by the President of India. Apart from this, he has been awarded ‘Guru Mahatmya title’ by the Government of Maharashtra in the year 1997. At the same time, in the year 2005, he has also been given ‘Shiromani Award’.
- In the year 2005, Ravi Shankar was also honored with the ‘Global Humanity Award’ in America for his contribution. At the same time, in the year 2010, he was also given the Atmajyoti Award.
- Ravi Shankar’s name was included in a list made by Forbes magazine. In the year 2009, this magazine released the list of the five most powerful people of India and his name was also in this list.
- In view of the works of Ravi Shankar, he was also honored by the Government of Paraguay in the year 2012 and he was given the highest civilian award of this country. Similarly, Ravi Shankar was given the highest award of his country by the Peruvian government.
Good work done by Ravi Shankar (Social Work Details)
Ravi Shankar ji is also known as a peace ambassador around the world and he gives knowledge of non-violence and humanity through Art of Living Foundation. Some of the noble deeds done by them are given below.
- Work done for prisoners
In the year 1992, Ravi Shankar had also taken the initiative for the better life of the jail inmates and after the release of the prisoners, he had run a program to get respectable work for them.
- Efforts to promote global peace
For the purpose of maintaining peace in the world, Ravi Shankar had visited the country of Pakistan and Iraq. During his visit, Ravi Shankar had met political and religious leaders of these countries to promote global peace.
- There was help at the time of tsunami-
His Art of Living Foundation helped the people who were affected by the tsunami that hit our country in the year 2004. His foundation provided food and shelter to tsunami victims. Apart from this, his foundation also supported the people during the storm named ‘Katrina’.
- Raised voice regarding Delhi gang rape-
In the year 2012, Shankar ji started an initiative regarding the case of Delhi gangrape. The initiative launched by him on December 5, 2012 was named ‘Volunteer for Better India’.
- Establishment of IAHV in the year 1997-
In 1997, he founded the International Association for Human Values (IAHV), a humanitarian organization. The goal of this organization is to develop rural areas and protect human values.
Thoughts of Ravi Shankar (Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Philosophies)
Ravi Shankar ji believes that every person should meditate daily. By meditating, you become completely refreshed as well as active. According to the philosophy of Ravi Shankar, the abode of God is in everyone’s heart.
Ravi Shankar ji says that every religion has three characteristics which are customs, symbols and values. A peaceful and united world can be built on the basis of these characteristics. Apart from this, in his view, a ‘violence free society’ can be formed not through religion but through spirituality.
Controversy related to Ravi Shankar (Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Controversy in English)
- Controversial statement was given on government schools
In the year 2012, a complaint was filed against Guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and this complaint was made regarding a controversial statement made by him. In fact, in Jaipur, Ravi Shankar ji had given a statement saying that Naxalism is flourishing in the government school and the children here become Naxalites. In this statement, he further said that all the government schools of our country should be given in private hands. Many politicians had expressed displeasure over his statement and Kapil Sibal had said whether the President of our country, who has studied from government schools, is a Naxalite.
- Controversy over damage to Yamuna bank
In the year 2016, the World Culture Festival was celebrated near the Yamuna River in Delhi. This festival was organized on the occasion of the founding day of Art of Living. At the same time, the Yamuna bank was damaged due to this festival. The Art of Living was held responsible for this loss.
- Ravi Shankar’s statement on Babri Masjid-
Giving a statement on Ram Janmabhoomi, Ravi Shankar had said that the Ram temple should be built only where it was earlier and the mosque should be built at a distance. People of one community got angry with this statement of his. Not only this, on the Babri issue, Ravi Shankar had said that if this issue is not resolved, then there will be a situation like Syria in our country. Significantly, the war in Syria has been going on for many years.
Other things related to Ravi Shankar-
Ravi Shankar has written a book
Ravi Shankar ji has also written a book called ‘Celebrating Silence’. When this book was launched, within a few days, about 1.4 lakh people had bought this book. This book is counted among the most popular books of all time.
Art of Living’s ‘Sudarshan Kriya’ course
Out of all the Art of Living courses created by him, ‘Sudarshan Kriya’ is the most famous course. This course has been reviewed by several medical institutions. And during the review, this action has been found to be effective for increasing the brain and immunity.
Establishment of Sri Sri University
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar has laid the foundation of Sri Sri University in Odisha during the year 2009. The aim of this university is to give good education to the children. Apart from this, Ravi Shankar ji is doing many things for the education of the children of our country. So that our country can get a good future and our country can progress well. At the same time, we hope that they can be successful in this goal soon.