HD Deve Gowda Biography of India’s 11th Prime Minister, Political Career, Family, Education, Caste, Marriage, Children ( HD Deve Gowda Biography,Birth, Education, Political Career, Death, and more about 10th Prime Minister of India in English
Hardanahalli Dodde Gowda Deve Gowda was the eleventh Prime Minister of India and also the fourteenth Chief Minister of Karnataka. He is the leader of the Janata Dal (Secular) political party and also a Member of Parliament representing Hassan district of Karnataka.
He carved a niche for himself by working as the head of the Anjaneya Co-operative Society and later as a member of the Taluk Development Board, Holenarasipura.
His constant experience and skill of convincing the masses allowed him to handle various problems of Karnataka. Mr. HD Deve Gowda is known to listen patiently to every section of the society and hence was called the ‘son of the land’.
During his working days he also engaged in reading books in the library of the Legislative Assembly. Moreover, he is popularly known for upholding and maintaining the prestige and dignity of the Parliament. Read on to know more about HD Deve Gowda’s life and his ascent to the top.
HD Deve Gowda Biography
|Name||HD Deve Gowda|
|Full Name (Nick Name)||Hardanahalli Doddegowda Deve Gowda|
|Date of birth||18 May 1933|
|Age||88 years (by the year 2022)|
|Place of born||Hardanahalli, Karnataka|
|Education||Diploma in Civil Engineering|
|College||LV Polytechnic, Hassan|
|Political Party||Janata Dal (1990–1999) ,
Janata Party (1977-1990) ,
Indian National Congress (Organisation) (1972-1977) ,
Indian National Congress (1953-1962)
|date of marriage (mARRIAGE Marriage Date||year 1954|
HD Deve Gowda birth and education ,
HD Deve Gowda was born on May 18, 1933 in Hardanahalli village of Holenarasipurataluk, Hassan district, Karnataka. His father’s name was Shri Dodde Gowda and mother’s name was Smt. Devamma. HD Deve Gowda belongs to a farming family and was a diploma holder in civil engineering. After completing his education at the age of twenty, Gowda got into politics.
HD Deve Gowda family of ,
|Father’s name,||dodde gowda|
|Mother’s name,||Mrs. Devamma|
|Wife’s name||Chennamma Gowda|
|Children ,||2 daughters HD Anusuya, HD Shaileja
4 sons – HD Revanna, HD Kumaraswamy,
HD Balakrishna, HD Ramesh
H D Deve Gowda’s marriage and children ,
HD Deve Gowda was married to Chennamma and has four sons, HD Balakrishna Gowda, HD Revanna, Dr. HD Ramesh and HD Kumaraswamy. They also have two daughters, HD Anusuya and HD Shailaja. One of his sons, HD Kumaraswamy, was the Chief Minister of Karnataka.
HD Deve Gowda of political career ,
- H D Deve Gowda started his political career at a young age and joined the Indian National Congress party in 1953 and worked as a party worker till 1962.
- He then stood for election to the Karnataka Legislative Assembly as an independent candidate and successfully won a seat for himself.
- He was elected to the Fourth (1967–71), Fifth (1972–77) and Sixth (1978–83) assemblies from Holenarasipur constituency for three consecutive terms. He served as the ‘Leader of the Opposition’ in the Legislative Assembly from 1972 to 1976 and from 1976 to 1977.
- In 1975, he was jailed for eighteen months when he served as the then Prime Minister Smt. Indira Gandhi Opposed the emergency in the country declared by During this time, he increased his political knowledge through extensive reading and talking to other Indian politicians who were in prison at the time.
- It helped a lot in shaping his personality and changing his outlook. Gowda resigned from the Sixth Legislative Assembly on 22 November 1982. Later, he became the Minister of Public Works and Irrigation and a member of the Seventh and Eighth Legislative Assemblies.
- He initiated several irrigation projects during his tenure as an Irrigation Minister. In 1987, he resigned from the cabinet to protest the inadequate distribution of funds for irrigation.
- In 1989, he tasted defeat after losing the election as the Janata Dal Party won only two of the 222 assembly seats. After this, in 1991, he was elected to the Parliament from the Hassan Lok Sabha constituency.
- He played an important role in bringing to the fore the problems of the people of Karnataka, especially the farmers. He got a lot of respect from the Parliament as well as the general public.
- He became the leader of Janata Dal party twice. He was elected as the forerunner of the Janata Dal Legislature Party and was sworn in as the 14th Chief Minister of Karnataka on December 11, 1994. After this huge success, he was elected to the Ramnagar Assembly and won with a huge vote.
- Mr. HD Deve Gowda visited Switzerland and other Middle Eastern countries in 1995 and participated in the Forum of International Economists.
- In 1996, when the Congress party lost power after its defeat in the general elections, the then Prime Minister PV Narasimha Rao resigned and Mr. H.D. Deve Gowda became the eleventh Prime Minister of India.
- This turn of events happened because the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) failed to form the government and the then coalition government of the United Front (regional parties and non-Congress and non-BJP combined) was formed.
- HD Deve Gowda was made the leader of this coalition government. After becoming the Prime Minister, he resigned from the post of Chief Minister of Karnataka. He was the Prime Minister of India from June 1, 1996 to April 21, 1997.
Deve Gowda’s contribution to Indian politics
- Mr. HD Deve Gowda was a prominent political personality who played an efficient role in the upliftment of the lower classes of the society, mainly the agriculturists. He also did a lot for the development of Karnataka.
- When he was the Chief Minister of Karnataka, he introduced a reservation system that favored minorities, backward classes, scheduled castes and tribes and also women.
- He resolved the problem of ‘Idgah Maidan’ in Hubli and also announced a complete survey of the state for its development. After the survey, the government took relief measures.
learn also ,
Last few words –
I hope you guysHD Deve Gowda Biography. HD Deve Gowda Biography in English Would have liked the blog if you liked this blog of mine, then share it with your friends and on your social media account, let people know about it too.
If you have any feedback then do let us know Contact Us You can email me or follow me on social media, see you soon with a new blog, till then stay tuned to my blog “Thanks