Life introduction of Daler Mehndi and case of pigeon (Daler Mehndi Biography and controversies in English)
Daler Mehndi is a well known name in Bollywood in India. His real name is Daler Singh but in the world of music he is known as Daler Mehndi. Daler Mehndi is also an Indian singer, music writer and music producer. Daler Mehndi belongs to a family which has always been full of singers. Daler Mehndi made Bhangra music popular all over the world with the help of his loud voice. Along with this, Daler Mehndi also established pop music industry in India apart from Bollywood music and the full credit goes to Daler.
Life introduction of Daler Mehndi
|real name||Daler Singh|
|Birth related information||18 August 1967
|Profession||Singer, Music Producer, Songwriter|
|Singing style||Folk, Rock & Pop, Bhangra Music|
|Mother’s name||Balbir Kaur (State level wrestler)|
|Father’s name||Ajmer Singh Chandan|
|brothers and sisters||Shamsher Mehndi, Mika Singh|
|Wife’s name||Taranpreet Kaur|
|Brother’s name and numbers||Gurdeep Mehndi, Ajit Kaur Mehndi, Prabhuj Kaur Mehndi and Rabab Kaur Mehndi|
|First song||say ta ra ra|
|First Album||Na Na Na Re (Death Giver)|
|case (crime)||Human Trafficking (Two Years’ Imprisonment)|
|Net worth||Approx 12 crores (9 lakhs per song)|
Court sentenced Daler Mehndi to 2 years (Daler Mehndi latest news)
In 1998 and 1999, 10 persons were illegally taken to America by Daler Mehndi and his brother as their members. Due to this case, in 2003, a court in Patiala sentenced Daler Mehndi to two years in prison for human trafficking. However, both the Mehndi brothers were granted bail at that time.
Three years after this case, in 2006, the Punjab Police filed two petitions in the court to declare Shamsher Singh (brother of Daler Mehndi) and Daler Mehndi innocent. But the court did not close the case because the court had a lot of evidence against both the brothers.
Recently again a new twist has come in this case, again a Patiala court convicted Daler Mehndi. According to the sources, due to this case, the police has arrested him today i.e. on March 16, 2018 and the court has sentenced him to two years.
The Patiala court has upheld the two-year sentence awarded to famous singer Daler Mehndi in a human trafficking case. This decision was taken after a hearing in the court on 14 July. During the hearing, the court considered Daler guilty and talked about upholding the sentence. Daler has been found guilty in a 2003 pigeon-hunting case. It took fifteen years for the decision of this case to come. Singer Daler Mehndi was taken into custody after this verdict came. After this decision, he was taken to Civil Hospital, Patiala for medical. The case began in the year 2003 when Bakshish Singh of Balbeda village accused Daler Mehndi and his brother of duping them of Rs 20 lakh on the pretext of sending them abroad. This case was registered after Bakshish Singh’s complaint.
Birth and education of Daler Mehndi
Daler, who belongs to Bihar, was born on 18 August 1967 in Patna. Since childhood, Daler Mehndi was fond of singing, so he started learning the art of singing at the age of 5.
Daler Mehndi’s family
Daler Mehndi’s mother who has been a state level wrestler, her name is Balbir Kaur. Daler Mehndi’s father Ajmer Singh Chandan has also been a very good singer. In all, he has five brothers, in which Shamsher Mehndi is older than him. Mika Singh, who created a sensation in the world of music in India, is also his younger brother.
Daler Mehndi marriage
Daler Mehndi was married to Taranpreet Kaur and the couple has four children namely Gurdeep Mehndi, Ajit Kaur Mehndi, Prabhuj Kaur Mehndi and Rabab Kaur Mehndi respectively. Daler’s daughter Ajit Kaur Mehndi is married to Navraj Hans, son of Punjabi musician Hans Raj Hans. Whereas in 1984 Gurdeep Mehndi had engaged with fellow actress Jessica Singh in Delhi and in 2014 both of them got married.
Daler Mehndi’s career
Daler Mehndi’s first album
Magnasound signed a three-album contract with Daler Mehndi for three years. Daler Mehndi recorded his first album in the year 1995, which was the first album under contract with Magnasound. The name of this album was “Bolo Ta Ra Ra” and this album showed its power in the whole country. The fame of this album can be gauged from the fact that around 20 million copies were sold.
Other Albums (Daler Mehndi albums)
- When his first album became a hit, at that time his detractors termed it as the success of only one album. But after that, his second album was released in 1996, which was named “Dardi Rab Rab” and this album again created panic all over India. Due to which the mouth of his opponents also got locked.
- In 1997, Magnasound and Daler Mehndi’s third album ‘Balle Balle’ was released, which set many new records in the music industry. After this, he was called “Superalitiv (highest peak)” by Magnasound and the people of the country. Due to this album, he was honored by the international media with titles like “The Turbined Tornado” and “Sultan of Swing”.
- In 1998, another album of Bhangra king Daler Mehndi was released, named ‘Tunak Tunak’ and this album made Daler Mehndi a brand.
Daler Mehndi’s first song in the film (Daler Mehndi first song in Bollywood film)
- For the first time in the year 1997, Daler Mehndi sang a song named “Na Na Na Re” in the film Mrityudatta. This song was also composed by Daler Mehndi and the song of this film was picturized on Amitabh Bachchan.
- After this, in 1998, he got another film to do playback singing, in which he was in great demand. Due to this project, he was given the work of singing songs and music composition. The name of this film was ‘Khauf’ and the name of the song shot on Raveena Tandon in this film was ‘Ankh Ladti Hai Ladhan De’.
21st century career (Daler Mehndi career graph)
- After that in 2000, he produced another album, in which Indian actress Priyanka Chopra was seen. The name of this album made with TIPS Music was ‘Ek Dana’. Folk, rock and pop all three types of music were mixed in this album. The song ‘Sajan Mere Satrangiya’ from this album named ‘Ek Dana’ became very famous, even till date it is played a lot in weddings.
- A year after this, in 2001, Daler got an offer to work with Universal Music. His song ‘Kala Kaua Kat Khayega’ was released. Which presented another good example of his talent.
- After 2003, Daler Mehndi again turned to films, in which in 2003 he sang the song “Ru-Ba-Ru” for the film ‘Maqbool’. After this, he started getting more offers from films.
- In the year 2004, people were given the name of Daler Mehndi and A.K. R. Got to hear the music of Rahman’s pair, this song named ‘Nach Le’ was heard in the film named Lakir. The film was directed by Ahmed Khan, which was Ahmed’s directorial debut.
- On Navratri of 2014, Daler Mehndi recorded the singing of Hanuman Chalisa in his own voice, which was recorded in Daler Mehndi’s studio ‘DM Folk’. In the same year his another song came “Aaja Mere Twitter Pe” which was made keeping in mind the social media.
- Even in the year 2017, the magic of his voice was seen once again, he gave his voice in the song named ‘Jiyo Re Bahubali’ in Bahubali-2. Along with this, he also sang in films like ‘Poster Boys’ and ‘Paisa Vasool’.
Daler Mehndi awards and achievements
- Daler Mehndi was awarded Channel V’s Best Male Pop Singer award in his early career. Which was given in 1996 in view of the album named ‘Bolo Ta Ra Ra Ra’. Channel V Best Male Pop Singer Award in 1997 for the album ‘Dardi Rab Rab’ and the same award in the year 1998 for the album ‘Ho Jayegi Balle Balle’.
- Not only this, the Screen Videocon Award for Best Male Pop Singer was given in 1997, which was given for his famous song ‘Ho Jayegi Balle Balle’. The same award was given again in 1998 for the song ‘Tunak Tunak Tun’.
- In the year 2000, Daler Mehndi was also given Millennium Sikh Award and Zee Cine Award. The Zee Cine Award was given for the song ‘Na Na Na Na Na Re’ which was sung in the movie Mrityudaata.
- Apart from music, Daler Mehndi has also participated in many social service works. Daler Mehndi was given the ‘Bharat Seva Ratna Award’ in the year 2016, because he had planted many trees and plants inside India.
Social work done by Daler Mehndi
- Daler Mehndi donated money to the “Kargil Victims Relief Fund” to help the families of soldiers who were martyred in Kargil, this act of Daler Mehndi exposed his kindness and patriotism. Apart from this, Daler Mehndi was the first celebrity to visit Kargil soldiers.
- Daler Mehndi is not only rich in great voice, but he has done many things for social upliftment. He started ‘Daler Mehndi Green Drive’ in 1998 and its goal was to make the environment clean and tidy. Under this mission, Daler Mehndi had set a target of planting 2 million trees and plants in the capital of India, Delhi.
- Daler Mehndi did his show in Pakistan for free for Imran Khan’s “Shaukat Khanum Memorial Trust”. Due to which 33 crore rupees were collected, which were donated to Shaukat Khanum Memorial Trust to help the people.
- Daler Mehndi donated a lot of money to help people suffering from diseases like cancer, thalassemia and AIDS. Not only this, he helped those children living in Odisha in India, who did not have a home to live in. Donated for poor and helpless children not only in India but also in Kenya.
- To save people from earthquakes in Gujarat state of India, he had built anti-earthquake houses. Apart from this, Daler Mehndi donated about 65 crore rupees for the people suffering from the cyclone in Vadodara.
- Daler Mehndi had opposed a decision of the International Basketball Federation (FIBA), in which it was talked about banning players playing football by tying a turban. Along with this, he had also made a video to make people aware in this matter and to change the rules.
Unknown facts of Daler Mehndi
- Both his parents were very religious people, so his parents started teaching Daler Mehndi the ragas and words from the Guru Granth Sahib from an early age of 6 years.
- Daler Mehndi gave his first performance at the young age of 13. During that time 20000 people were present in front of Daler Mehndi. Immediately after one year, he started learning music from Ustad Rahat Ali Khan.
- At the young age of 14, he also started studying Tabla, Dholak, Harmonium and Tanpura and Daler spent 3 years to study these instruments.
- When Daler Mehndi’s career was at its peak, Daler Mehndi toured Kuwait, South Africa, East Africa, Bahrain, Malaysia, Pakistan, Hong Kong, West Indies, Belgium, USA, Canada, Australia, United Arab Emirates, Spain, Oman, Netherlands. Has performed with his band in the countries of , United Kingdom and New Zealand.
- Daler Mehndi is also very fond of costumes, he has always been seen wearing colorful turbans. All these turbans are of brand new style, which changes with the design in every concert.
- Very few people know that Daler Mehndi used blue screen technology for the first time in his videos. The song in which this technique was used for the first time was named ‘Tunak Tunak Tun’.