Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan Biography (Birth Date, Birth Place, Mother, Father, Career, Death Date, Death Place, Wife, Education, Army Career, Branch, Battle, Army, Operation Vijay, Operation Parakram, Operation Black Tornado, Awards, Last farewell, last words, film [Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan Biography in English- Age, Death Reason, Last Words, date of birth, birth place, career, education, father, mother, children, wife, army career, branch, team, death date, date place, awards, operations]
When it comes to the brave soldiers of our country, a different spirit starts appearing in everyone’s heart. Everyone tells about his patriotism from the heart. But when they are martyrs, the same pain is visible from the heart and eyes. One such pain had come in front of people across the country. During the 26/11 Mumbai terrorist attack, when not knowing how many brave soldiers were martyred while saving the lives of the people. One of them was Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan, who was leading a team of NSG commandos at that time. Who was entrusted with the task of freeing the people held hostage in the Taj. Which he did very well. But could not save his life and died. Today we will tell you about his martyrdom and some moments of his life.
Biography of Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan [ Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan Biography ]
|Name||Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan|
|Birth||15 March 1977|
|birth place||Kozhikode, Kerala|
|date of death||28 November 2008|
|place of death||Taj Hotel, Mumbai|
|father’s name||Mr. K. unnikrishnan|
|Mother’s name||Mrs. Dhanalakshmi Unnikrishnan|
|wife’s name||Neha Unnikrishnan|
|education||Bachelor of Arts degree|
|College||National Defense Academy, Indian Military Academy|
|unit||51 Special Working Group for NSG|
|War||Operation Vijay,Operation Parakram,Operation Rakshak,Counter-Insurgency,Operation Black Tornado|
The Early Life of Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan
- Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan was born on 15 March 1977 in a Malayali Nair family. Who had moved to Kozhikode in Kerala many years ago. where he spent his early life.
- His entire family is educated. His father K. Unnikrishnan was an officer in ISRO. His mother Dhanalakshmi Unnikrishnan was a housewife. He is the only child of his parents.
- When Major Sandeep took admission in the school. Since then he had made up his mind that he would join the army and serve the country.
- He was so fond of going to the army that, while studying in school, he used to get army style crew cut hairstyle done.
Education of Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan
- Sandeep Unnikrishnan did his early education at Frank Anthony Public School, Bangalore. Along with his studies, Sandeep was also very ahead in sports. He also participated in many competitions.
- In the year 1995, he obtained a degree in ISC science stream. He always had only one dream to join the Indian Army.
- Sandeep was also an athlete player. During school time, he used to participate in many sports along with his studies. In which he used to win by doing his best. Along with this, he also has many records in his name.
- Sandeep Khiladi was good. But along with this, he was also very fond of music. He had also joined a music group.
- After finishing his elementary education, he started further studies to join the army. He passed NDA exam and took admission.
- After taking admission in NDA, he was only a cadet at that time. But Oscar got selected in Squadron No. 4 Battalion. After which he got a degree from the 94th course of NDA.
Married life of Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan
Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan was married. He is married to Neha Unnikrishnan. Their married life has been very good and successful.
Army Career of Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan
- On 12 July 1999, Sandeep was commissioned to the rank of lieutenant in the 7th Battalion of the Bihar Regiment. After that he was posted in Jammu and Kashmir and then in Rajasthan.
- Sandeep Unnikrishnan was given the rank of Captain on 12 June 2003 and Major on 12 June 2005. In 2006, he joined the National Security Guard. After training, he became a part of it.
- He attended the Fatal Course Commando Wing Infantry School, which was in Belgaum. Topped from there. Which is considered to be the toughest course of the army till date.
Operation Vijay of Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan
- Major Sandeep took part in Operation Vijay in July 1999. This is about the time when the Pakistani army entered Indian territory during the Kargil war.
- In this Major had to face heavy firing by Pakistani soldiers.
- On the evening of 31 December 1999, Sandeep Unnikrishnan stepped forward and prepared a contingent of six soldiers. He succeeded by setting up a post 200 meters away in the face of Pakistani army firing.
Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan’s Operation Parakram
- He joined Operation Parakram after the 1999 Kargil War. This was the second military war between India and Pakistan.
- On 1 October 2001, the Parliament of India and the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly gave a befitting reply to the terrorist attack on 13 December.
- India claimed that Lashkar-e-Taiba and Jaish-e-Mohammed were behind these attacks.
- Apart from these operations, Sandeep Unnikrishnan took part in several battles including Operation Rakshak and Counter-Insurgency.
Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan’s Operation Black Tornado
- On 26 November 2008, the Taj Hotel in Mumbai was attacked by terrorists.
- The main terrorist who was involved in this attack was a member of Lashkar-e-Taiba Islamic terrorist organization Amir Kasab. Who was hanged on 21 November 2012 in Pune.
- Manger was the commander of the 51 SAG team. Those who were deployed to rescue people at the Taj Hotel.
- The Major reached the sixth floor of the building with 10 commandos from the stairs. Where he tried to drive people out.
- As the team tried to enter by breaking the door, the terrorists started attacking with bullets. Commando Sunil Yadan, who was an aide of Major, was injured in this firing.
- The Major along with the terrorist chased the terrorists. Who had fled from the second floor of the hotel.
- During the same encounter, Major Sandeep was shot by terrorists from behind. In which he was seriously injured. His fatal injury could not be cured and he breathed his last there.
Last words of Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan
Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan when commando was laying siege with Sunil. Then he told his colleagues – don’t come up, I will take care of them. These were his last words. Which his colleagues still remember.
Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan’s Awards
- Ashoka Chakra
- Operation Parakram Medal
- Special Service Medal
- military service medal
- High Altitude Service Medal
- 9 years long service medal
Final farewell to Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan
- Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan was given the last farewell from his home in Bangalore. There he was cremated there.
- A large number of people gathered in it. Everyone was raising slogans of Sandeep Amar Rahe.
- His last rites were performed with full military honours. For this sacrifice, he was posthumously awarded the Ashok Chakra, India’s highest peacetime gallantry award on 26 January 2009.
Film on Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan
- In 2020, Sony Pictures produced a biopic on Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan. Whose name is ‘Major’.
- Mahesh Babu has made this film and actor Adivasi Shesh has played the lead role i.e. Major in it.
- The film made on Major was scheduled to release last year i.e. on July 2, 2021. But due to Corona, its date was extended to 27 May 2022.
Ans- Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan was fond of joining the Indian Army from the beginning.
Ans- Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan used to teach different types of songs with the music group in his spare time.
Ans- Mumbai happened during 26/11 attack.
Ans- He was awarded the Ashok Chakra, India’s highest peacetime gallantry award.
Ans- Even today people remember him as the brave son of India.
Read more –